If you want to get inspired, get away, look for technical tips, laugh, be surprised… a quick look at the websites, blogs, movies, broadcasts, podcasts, books and magazines that I highly recommend!
TRAVEL WEBSITES AND BLOGS
WEALTH OF INFORMATION
• A Contresens: An essential website to prepare any trip! With its interactive map, you can adetermine the best periods to go where you want depending on the climate. You can also learn everything you need about each country (VISA, average budget etc.) and prepare your own itinerary.
• L’Oiseau Rose: Camille’s blog, a young woman who not only explored all the continents, but also created a very detailed section about the preparation of a round-a-world trip.
• Tourdumondiste: Choose your backpack, plan your budget, choose your insurance… once you have read this blog, such “details” won’t have secrets anymore for you!
• Le Sac à Dos: Ryan, full-time world traveler, gives precious advice to prepare one’s trip in the best conditions.
• Vizeo: Alex Vizeo’s blog, unmissable among travel bloggers. Whether you are looking for information about each continent/country, on some specific themes or on practical details, you are quite sure to find what you need!
• Les Gros Sacs : My blog “coup de coeur”! Anais and Florent are currently doing their round-a-world trip, which they tell with a priceless humor, while still giving you precious tips at the end of each post.
I am particularly thankful for the time they took to help me preparing my backpack: their advice were very useful!
• Eliott Schonfeld : An explorer, a real one! Always pushing back his limits, exploring our planet’s wildest and most hostile places (Island, Mongolia, Alaska), Eliott Schonfeld writes and shares his epic travels in video. Thrills guaranteed.
• L’aventurière fauchée : The chronicles and fascinating anecdotes of Sarah, a young traveler currently exploring the world without any money… and living unbelievable experiences! She is incredibly wise for her young age (but still very spontaneous and with a small touch of madness) and has much more powerful reflections than many great philosophers. Not to be missed.
• Novo-Monde : The very complete blog of Fabienne and Benoit, a “nomadic-entrepreneur” couple, that chose to make travel a lifestyle.
• La Terre vue d’une selle : The crazy – but so inspiring – project of “3 sisters and a bearded man”, gone on a round-a-world trip with their bikes.
They started in May 2017 so the adventure is just starting!
• Les Dégonflés à Bicyclette: The fascinating adventure of Aurélie and Yann, who crossed South America on bike at the end of 2016.
• Made by Maïder : A travel blog with a pure design, where each picture is very well highlighted… it should make you want to travel straight away!
MOVIES & DOCUMENTARIES
• Demain : “Everywhere in the world, solutions exist“. This movie stayed for a long time at the movies, and for good reason. Bright and built with intelligence, this round-a-world tour of the tangible initiatives and innovations towards a more sustainable world brings inspiration and hope, without having a moralizing tone. A must-see.
• En Quête de Sens : 100% independant, this auto-produced movie results from two childhood friends who explored the planet, looking for solutions for a better world.
A captivating adventure, meeting strong and key personalities (Vandana Shiva, Pierre Rabhi, Samdhong Rimpoche, etc.).
• Diarios de Motocicleta : A movie telling Che Guevara‘s initiation story in South America when he was young. This journey, full of deeply moving meetings, transformed the Che and contributed to build his revolutionary vocation.
BROADCASTS & PODCASTS
• La Route du Soi : A series of enthralling conversations with inspiring people to lead us towards a “quest of the self” and bring us the key for a deep knowledge of our personality.
• Trois minutes à méditer : 3 minutes per day to discover the basics of mindfulness meditation in a very simple, playful and reassuring way, with Christophe André’s soothing voice. He was a pioneer in using meditation in psychotherapy.
BOOKS & MAGAZINES
• La Bible du Grand Voyageur : The name says it all: this Lonely planet guide is the ultimate bible to prepare every trip, whatever the destination or the length. Divided into five sections (Preparing one’s trip – Moving – Accommodation – Security and health), this very useful book contains 348 pages of precious tips to travel better and at lower cost, while still respecting the environment and the populations.
• Foutez-vous la paix et commencez à vivre ! : A book to always have within easy reach. This encouraging book from Fabrice Midal – one of the main meditation teacher in France – goes against the customary recommendations and makes you understand how to “let it go” in every aspects of our daily life (“Stop wanting to be perfect” – Stop being wise”, etc.). No pressure, just a helping hand towards serenity and self-acceptation.
• Happinez : A bright and inspiring mindstyle magazine. Each edition is focused on a new theme (Sharing – Harmonie, etc.). It gathers very interesting articles and chronicles, always illustrated with quality, in a constant quest for more balance and happiness.
And you, what makes you want to travel? What are your wellness and personal development inspirations?